Our IHT department is looking for an IHT Linux Server Engineer 3. Please join us in our strategy to be the community’s trusted partner in providing exceptional, patient- centered care.
IHT Linux Server Engineer 3
St. Luke’s Integrated Health Technologies is seeking a Linux Server Engineer 3 who is excited to join an exceptional, professional, technical team. We are looking for a person that would like to join the state’s largest healthcare organization, where we strive to add only those who will continue our tradition of excellence.
Utilizing industry best practices, the person in this position will provide input into the tactical and strategic direction of the Linux and Unix environments. They will assist in architecting, implementing and maintaining these environments, while continually striving for process improvements. They will be a key team member responsible for delivering stable and reliable systems including business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
IHT Linux Server Engineer 3 Key Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and maintain complex Linux and Unix server environments, with particular emphasis on RedHat Enterprise Linux. AIX or other Unix or Linux experience is a plus.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, root cause analysis, problem resolution and reporting metrics within the Linux and Unix server infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor, forecast and optimize server infrastructure.
- Plan, optimize, automate and execute routine administration and patching of Linux and Unix environments.
- Experience with enterprise-level clustering, networking, SAN storage and DNS.
- Experience with server virtualization (VMware) is highly desirable.
- Experience with scripting and automation is preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare environment using Epic is a plus.
- Create and maintain enterprise level documentation and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or 4 year's of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Additional 4 years of relevant experience required.
- Client server support experience or demonstrated equivalent proficiency in Server Engineer duties and responsibilities. Two years in a health care environment preferred.
- Set and complete multiple professional development goals.
- Expert knowledge in multiple operating systems and multiple Linux and Unix server technologies. Knowledge in networking, scripting, virtual and storage technologies.
- Display people skills that promote good communication and situational awareness.
- Perform as a team leader on multiple complex projects, where the completed result was positive.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting with awareness to enterprise impact.
- Attention to detail to ensure a high level of quality and consistency.
- Exceptional research and deductive reasoning skills for troubleshooting problems, finding solutions, and resolving issues.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills at a level to effectively communicate clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional customer service skills in order to provide service excellence to the user community.
- Strong time management skills in order to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Work effectively within and across teams to collaboratively solve issues.
- Strong leadership skills for providing assistance, training, and support within and across teams.
- Provide leadership within a dynamic small team to efficiently react to a rapidly changing large-scale enterprise environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in order to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Think critically and quickly in a high stress environment to meet service level agreements.
- Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with organizational values: Trust and Respect, Integrity, Partnership and Service, Safety, Efficiency and Financial Responsibility, Teamwork, Compassion.
- Ability to work off hours or shifts as required for 24/7/365 support.
- Exhibit behaviors demonstrating accountability and ownership of problems.
- Promote team vision and standards.
- The ability to explain complex technical concepts to senior management and assist in making informed decisions based on sound technical expertise.
- Mentor peers while resolving complex and intense problems.
- Work closely with Information Technology management to set expectations of the return on investment (ROI) to the rest of the organization.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke’s may be just the place for you.
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 13,500 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our employees are dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a life- changing career at St. Luke’s. Our staff is the reason for our outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and superior healthcare organization. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
With multiple locations in the beautiful southern and central Idaho, our mild, four season climate means you can play outdoors year-round. Whether you prefer leisurely walks along the river or heart-pounding climbs up a sheer cliff- there is always something to do after work. An exciting mix of urban and outdoor life defines Idaho’s culture, you can ski in the morning and watch a college sporting event at night. It is a great state to raise a family and forge lasting relationships. The cost of living is low, and quality of life is high.
Our employees enjoy many benefits, some of the most popular are tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education.
#One of American’s Top 15 Health Systems - U.S.News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2015-2016"
*St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.