St. Luke’s is looking for a Health Records Specialist to join us in our strategy to be the community’s trusted partner in providing exceptional, patient- centered care. In this role, you would be responsible for the management of the medical record and all of its components to ensure that an accurate and timely record of the patient’s medical status is documented and maintained in a highly ethical and confidential manner. You would also be responsible for assisting the manager to ensure compliance with state/federal, JCAHO, HIPAA regulations and other requirements.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years health information experience or formal education.
• Health Record Specialist experience preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with accurate skills in typing, computer software, filing, telephone, copy /fax machines, microfilm reader/printers, a medical record filing system.
• Knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, state/federal regulations and department policies and procedures.
• College level courses or training in health services related field with knowledge, understanding and proper usage of medical terminology either through on-the-job training, formal or correspondence course. RHIT credential preferred.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke’s may be just the place for you. Our employees enjoy many benefits, some of the most popular are tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education.
About St. Luke’s
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are Idaho’s largest private employer with more than 13,500 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our employees are dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a life-changing career at St. Luke’s. Our staff is the reason for our outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and superior healthcare organization. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
With multiple locations in beautiful southern central Idaho and Oregon, our mild, four season climate means you can play outdoors year-round. Whether you prefer leisurely walks along the river or heart-pounding climbs up a sheer cliff - there is always something to do after work. An exciting mix of urban and outdoor life defines Idaho and Oregon culture, you can ski in the morning and watch a college sporting event at night. It is a great area to raise a family and forge lasting relationships. The cost of living is low, and quality of life is high.
#One of American’s Top 15 Health Systems - U.S.News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2015-2016"
*St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.